Monday, November 15, 2010

My muse

photo courtesy Mary McDonald Interiors
This picture was my muse for the office makeover. Although slightly different, the Tiffany blue walls were the focal point...well, that and Audrey. After searching for that desk for close to three years, I settled on a more practical option with some added pops of color but I still love the office pictured above.

And now the moment you've been waiting for - the big unveiling...ta da!!!!

Remember this chair? So much better!


The End.

4 comments:

  1. How on earth did you reupholster that chair?? I've been meaning to do a pair of mine in my bedroom. You didn't have step by step photos by any chance? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So...reupholstering the chair. I bought the velvet {8 yards} on ebay. So much less expensive there. Word to the wise. Then I took my chair to a local upholsterer. It took about 20 days so I can't take full credit but it is my crowning glory. They restuffed all the cushions which were limp to say the least, painted the frame a glossy black and re-tufted the back. It was worth the $$. I don't think I would try this at home...at least not yet! (hee hee)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with your office! The chair is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Past Loves

Labels

Lovefest