Tuesday, August 23, 2011

How mama got her groove back.

Saturday was a night of firsts for me. As in, my first night out on the town with the girls since having Miss O. Husband gracefully kicked my tush out the door before I changed my mind. He's good like that!

Our plan of attack: BYOB sushi joint and we'll see where the night takes us. These are always dangerous nights. As you can see, we were very thirsty. A bottle of wine for each girl? Normal.

...and that's us in a cab to this bar. This is the part where you think you are indeed, the best dancer to ever exist. Oh and of course, we'll take a picture for you Mr. Joe Photo! Why not?

Cue cab ride home, sleeps in makeup and a daughter that doesn't care if it's 2:30am and you just went to bed.

Note to self: let's keep these "nights" to an annual occurrence. Too. old. to. recover. like. I. used. to.

8 comments:

  1. yah! im glad you had a fun night out! you deserve it. xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an awesome night. And yes, one bottle for each person is completely acceptable BYOB behavior. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oi! Nights like that are super fun but you really pay a price. I've always wondered how my friends with babies do it! But good for you, you deserve a night out and I'm glad you had one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how cute are you!? I hope you had an amazing time!

    xoxo navy & orange
    navyandorange.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh I just found your blog and I love it! I really like your design and overall concept, super cute! Glad you got to have a fun night out with the girls! xoxo

    www.inthepinkandgreen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait a minute...so one bottle per person on sushi night is not normal? Whoops. Who knew?! ;) Glad you had a great time, but I totally know what you mean about not being able to recover anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad your sweet guy kicked you out of the house and that you had some fun-but yeah, it's always crushing when you realize you just can't keep up with your old self!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you got a girls night out, and your man is amazing for supporting you! I think we all know too well that we can't recover like we used to. But once in a while, definitely fun :)

    ReplyDelete

Past Loves

Labels

Lovefest