Monday, November 21, 2011

Mag Mile Lights Festival

If you're the type of person who has a hard time getting into the holiday spirit...look no further. The Magnificent Mile Lights Festival is the answer to your scroogi{ness}. We started this tradition last year when I was a minute pregnant and decided it needed to become a tradition. Actually, I decided it needed to become a tradition and husband obliged, good man that he is. Even though our nugget is only 6 months, I envision this becoming a really fun memory for her and something that she will get into more and more as she gets older.

We really lucked out as the car read 58 degrees! Perfect temps! 

Husband took this shot and it's my favorite. It completely captures the spirit plus I love how Mickey is the only thing in focus!



My favorite float. Who doesn't love claymation Rudolph? I ask you! 

...and this was Liv's face the entire parade. You could say she was wonderstruck.

P.S. Come back and visit tomorrow - new series to begin!

15 comments:

  1. Oh my...Liv is the cutest!!! and how did I miss the parade....AGAIN??? I thought it was this coming weekend??

    I'm so excited for the Christkindl market...that's definitely my favorite!

    Happy monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks so fun - they don't do anything like this in LA!

    Your baby is so precious, she looks just in awe at the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun for you - and for O! It's been quite a few years since I've been. You make me sad to have missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great family fun! She's too precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judging by Olivia's expression in the last photo, I'll think she'll want to come back next year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a beautiful parade!!! and your baby is even more beautiful!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the look on Liv's face! She's so adorable and I'm glad you guys had fun. Matt and I went to a friendsgiving dinner that night around and he lives in that neighborhood. It was fun watching the kids get so excited about seeing Mickey. I hope that we start traditions like these when we have kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, you guys are the sweetest!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so fun!! I adore everything that is related to the holidays and anything that gets me into the christmas spirit! your little one is too darling! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. These photos look like such a great time! What a wonderful event to make a tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so mad that I wasn't able to make it! Thanks for the pictures though, it makes it a little bit better. The Light Parade is one of my favorite things in Chicago

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaha she is the cutest! The excitement in her eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You both are all cute!! We were downtown that day for a Disney event at the Intercontinental Hotel. It was too hard to navigate with our double stroller!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The lights festival is the best! For several year we volunteered handing out programs to tourists & visitors - always put me in the mood for the holiday. So happy it was warmish this year!

    ReplyDelete

Past Loves

Labels

Lovefest