Thursday, March 29, 2012

Are you "curious" about Olivia's 1st birthday?


Because you've all been dying to know about Olivia's birthday plans...I figured I'd stop torturing you. 

Olivia's first love via the boob tube was Curious George. {that's when we discovered the magic of cartoons and what a fantastic babysitter they are...whaa? I mean...anyhoo} So we went with that theme because any good parent knows that when you know all the words to a cartoon theme song - it's time to make a party out of it. 

Our brilliant friend created the invitations based on my Pinterest obsession. She's good like that. In fact you should check her website out. Like now...I'll wait. She just started a Tumblr, too. Go ahead...I have time. Mmmm, kay. Where were we? So the top portion is the front and the bottom is the back {obv.!} It's cute isn't it?

Then we got all crazy with our Etsy selves and ordered her a banner and you know every banner deserves cookie favors...err, something. And finally, as much as Olivia would love to wear her "birthday suit" - we have little boy people attending so that won't be necessary hence we ordered this in case she can't remember which birthday this is. It could happen?

And then there's this:

...which I will be making thanks to this class. Thinking of giving it a test run on Sunday.
Birthday for kids
And that's all she wrote. Two hours of kids running and screaming, a sweaty husband standing post at the grill, sticky fingers, and a lot of frosting. Sounds 'bout right!

17 comments:

  1. Adorable! I love the birthday party theme! And the onesie is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww. I love Curious George, reminds me of when I was little. Olivia is a lucky girl. Have fun with the cake! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great 1st birthday party! Loving the banner. xoxo
    http://www.hellohellofriday.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my cuteness - you are reminding me of my favorite monkey! Aww and I know she will have a ton of fun with a momma like you planning her special day!

    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww Curious George is the best :-) I wish someone would make me that cake for my 30th birthday - how gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! And if you need someone to come over and test your trial cake, you know I'm in the neighborhood, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, already a year?! Holy moly!! Such cute ideas. I think it would be so fun to plan a baby's first birthday party :) Happy early birthday to her - May babies are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is going to be one awesome birthday party! :D

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    Fashion To Figure Giveaway: Win any item $30 or less
    Poshlocket Giveaway: Win a Shelly Fabric Choker

    ReplyDelete
  9. And... you know I will be knocking on your door Sunday to make sure the test cake is good enough for little Olivia right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too cute I love it all. She'll have the best birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gonna be so awesome!,,

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know if I can handle the cute–how perfect for Miss O!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I blacked out when I saw the cake. Did I send you my address? Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun! Good luck with the cake - I'm eager to see photos of yours and how it turns out!

    Enter to win a pair of earrings from Wendy Mink Jewelry (valued at $123)!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OK, I don't know what I love more. The cake or the invitations! How freaking awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

Past Loves

Labels

Lovefest