Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Spring makeup

photos found here
Today's post is part deux of yesterday's post. We're talking Spring makeup. And while it's normal to see some rather bold looks at a trade show for beauty...there is quite a bit that we can take away and incorporate into our daily routines. The above collage illustrates two major trends in makeup: bold lips and wing tip eyes. If there's anything you master this season - please let it be the wing tip. And the old rules do not apply anymore, ladies. Throw on your boldest lip stain or lipstick and rock it out! ...and here's a great tutorial on how to create the perfect wing tip at home! 

A few tips to keep in mind when creating this look at home:
  • start with a fresh face and clean palate
  • invest in a good eye primer. I like Urban Decay
  • apply a neutral, soft color to eyelids - that's all you need; no contouring necessary
  • when it comes to lips - moisturize before you apply that bold color; less feathering later
  • skip the lip liner - nowadays the lipsticks stay put and fill in all the lines for ya
  • be brave! have fun! the bolder, the better. My favorite is this Revlon color.
  • go subtle on the cheekers - little blush will do ya.
That's it. Pretty much the equivalent to 5-minute beauty yet you'll be so current. You're welcome!

Don't forget to join my giveaway. It's a good one! 

20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, love that eyeliner in the top left corner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to practice the wing tip. Mine never come out right. I blame my non-steady, lefty hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tips! I'll have to try out these looks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am loving the bold lips - especially orange!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh gosh, all of these lipsticks are making me so happy. such great make-up!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the lipsticks I've purchased lately have been bright and cheerful - I'm totally prepared for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't apply my eyeshadow without the Urban Decay! It's the BEST!!
    Great post!
    Because Shanna Said So

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both the bold lip and wingtips. I'll need some practice on the eyes though.

    oxoxox from San Francisco
    Amy
    http://bridechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am definitely trying to do this for spring - be bolder and have fun eyeliner!

    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, yeah! I never wore bold lip color but somehow, I went out to get magenta lipstick today. xoxo
    http://www.hellohellofriday.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love a gorgeous wing tip eye-it's my favorite way to jump start a day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loveee the winged eyeliner! Too bad I don't know how to do it...haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Urban Decay eye primers are the best. Totally irreplaceable in my makeup box.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  14. Red lips and dark lashes always look chic! xo style, she wrote

    ReplyDelete
  15. all are great but I basically want to be every part of that girl in the upper right corner- skin, hair, makeup! i need!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love a bright lip! I wish I was brave enough to rock some bright red lipstick. Love these spring inspirations!

    Allyssa
    breakfastatthezemkes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the tutorial - I will give it a whirl! Up until now I just haven't been able to master the wing tip but man do I love it! I made the makeup artist at the event last night do it for me b/c the models looked so amazing. I totally suck at it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think I'm fiiiinally going to try the bold lipstick! I found a red that doesn't turn pink with my yellow undertone (Mary Kay, Red...funnily enough, ha) and I think I see that Revlon you recommended in my very near future. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  19. ooh, such fresh looks! Love the cat eye liner and red lips!! First time on your blog and loving it! I am following you now and I will appreciate if you could follow me back!
    Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    Style-Delights Blog
    Let's Twitter Together
    Friend and Fan on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm looking forward to getting a pretty medium bright pink lipstick!

    ReplyDelete

Past Loves

Labels

Lovefest