Sunday, May 20, 2012

On turning 34...



I want to admit something. Fun birthday wish lists aside, I'm really not that excited about my birthday this week. It's not that I fear getting older...not at all, actually. I guess I just feel a little tired. Tired mentally from running ragged trying to juggle and jockey so many things. And sure, presents are cool and fun but let's face it - I don't really need anything. I'm pretty lucky as they say...new house, great  growing family, etc etc but I just feel blah.

My husband asked me what I wanted to do and I couldn't come up with anything. I suppose dinner would be nice but then there is the never ending game of "find a babysitter." Don't have the energy. And, I used to love dressing up but when you have a beach ball hanging off the front of you...let's just say I don't skip with eager anticipation over to my closet every morning.

Perhaps I'm being hormonal or just at a crossroads trying to figure this whole "be a FT mom and balance a career thing". I think they call it seeking "balance".

Heavy for a birthday, right? Yeah, I thought so. I'll just have to remind myself of this ribbon come Wednesday. But then again, tomorrow's a new day, right?



6 comments:

  1. We were born the same year! :D I read somewhere that every year, by the time of your birthday, u feel this strong energy that makes u more sensitive. I believe on those things. Anyway, u are fabulous, so is your life. U might be tired, that's all. Enjoy! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw babe, sorry you're not feeling the birthday excitement but hope you have a wonderful day. And welcome to the club :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I get crazy around my birthday every year too; my mother calls it the Birthday Blues.

    I'm sure the case of the blahs will pass soon. Hope you have a FANTASTIC birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is all about the small things sometimes and you have a lot of great things going on. Sigh, we can't party it up like we did in our 20s but we can still have fun!


    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, hang in there. You have so much going for you in life right now. I think I after I hit 35, I stopped caring about my b-day. Today's hubby's 40th and I planned nothing. Go get a pre-natal massage. Can't beat that, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww i wish i lived closer! i would totally come watch miss liv anytime you need a night out. playing "find the babysitter" must be stressful - hope you had a LOVELY birthday. you deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete

Past Loves

Labels

Lovefest