Why hello there, 101 Things I Love readers! I'm so delighted to be here today to kick off Johanna's fun 5 Summer Essentials series! Every year, I impatiently cross off days on my calendar, waiting for summer to arrive. Big shocker, right? Who doesn't love a season full of popsicles, dips in the pool, and neon pink nails? Here are some of my must have items when the weather warms up:
1. Does anyone else hate lugging around a heavy leather purse that sticks to your skin in 90 degree weather? Swap it out for an airy canvas tote like this one from Z Gallerie. The chevron print never goes out of style, and it's roomy enough to bring to the park or beach to boot!
2. I've never been much of a hat person, but I've recently come around and added two to my wardrobe. This fedora from Anthropologie makes me want to add a third - the pink scarf is such a sweet touch!
3. I have an unofficial skirts & dresses uniform once June hits, so it's no wonder that this adorable dress from ModCloth caught my eye. Seersucker just screams "Let's go get an ice cream cone and spend the afternoon leisurely strolling around town!" to me.
4. As much as I love my heels, they definitely take a backseat to sandals during the summer months. I'm especially loving this pair from ASOS - they're neutral enough to go with just about everything, and yet that contrasting t-strap gives it an extra bit of oomph!
5. It's time to break out all of the crazy, colorful jewelry you've been hiding in your closet! This gorgeous necklace from J.Crew will not only turn heads with its bright orange beads, but the seahorse charm adds a touch of nautical fun as well.
Thank you Gloria for your contribution to my never-ending shopping list. My husband thanks you kindly, too. But in all seriousness, that dress is a-calling-my name! You can also find Gloria on Twitter, too! xo