Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Money Pit Series: designing a second nursery


We more or less had a blank canvas to work with in designing Dos' nursery. Save for some wretched window treatments...that's a good thing. The best part about our bedrooms is the copious sunlight that shines through everyday. As you can see, the nursery was in a state of disarray for quite some time. {and yes, blue carpet will be a 2013 project}








Well, it's finally in order. And I have to say, I love the color palette. In fact, this nursery came together so nicely that I almost feel like I need to add more to Olivia's! All of the elephant trinkets are from Dos' Aunt out West. She collected and refurbished different elephant items over the summer at various flea markets. We love them because of the vintage quality they add to the room. We still need to address the curtain situation and develop a gallery wall but all in all - we are ready to roll!

And here are our sources -

Crib: Jenny Lind Crib
Dresser: Mint Home
Changing Table: Gilt
Chevron Sheet: iviebaby
Chevron Basket: Needle Nook Creations
Side Table: Buy.com
Glider: Rockabye Glider Co.
Elephant Lamp: Land of Nod
White Shelf: Target
Carousel Painting: Family heirloom
Gingham Baskets: Land of Nod
Sheepskin Rug: Target
Mint Elephant Bookends: Home Goods
Elephant Pillow: nest2impress
Elephant Mobile: hingmade
Changing Cover Pad:  Carousel Designs

Enter my giveaway!

14 comments:

  1. Very very nice, darling! I love the natural light and also the elephant details. :D GOrgeous! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That elephant lamp is perfection!! I love the colors too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm completely in love with the color palette! What a sweet sunny room, Dos is sure to love it! I actually like the curtains but I'm sure whatever you have in mind is swell as well. Too bad Z Gallerie doesn't make an elephant head like these, I can totally see that in the gallery wall. (We have the deer in ours :) http://www.zgallerie.com/p-8948-deer-head-small-1575.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great find with the dresser! It looks amazing in that space. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That mobile is so cute and that elephant lamp!?! So so sooo cute. I love this room! xoox

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful nursery! That elephant lamp is adorable, and I'm wishing I had a mint dresser in my own bedroom now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks beautiful! Love the pops of yellow :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elephants are supposed to bring good luck... So they could not be more appropriate for a new born... On top of that they look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. it's just lovely-love the mint green and yellow. Love all the elephant additions :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i definitely love the color palette too, it's perfect! :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    The Madelaine Chocolate Company Giveaway
    Open internationally: Spirit Ink Tattoo Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty, clean and fresh! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The elephant lamp is darling! I'm also having a yellow moment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello! Your new nursery looks wonderful! I feel like I have seen this before??... Great color scheme. Also, love the picture of Anna Wintour and SJP. Great little site you have here, with such a nice variety of subject matter!
    Whitley at the Queen City Style www.thequeencitystyle.com

    ReplyDelete

Past Loves

Labels

Lovefest