Monday, September 17, 2012

Austin...here we come!


We have some lovely friends who migrated to Austin a couple years back. I've heard many-a-great-thing about this city. Well, turns out after a brisket bender this past Labor Day weekend, my husband grew a BBQ tooth and is now on a mission to get the entire family to Austin come this November. Truthfully, I've always wanted to visit and eat my way through every nook and cranny of the city while listening to amazing music and taking in the scene. We have built-in guides to the city which is always nice however there is one thing holding me back...

Are we nuts to bring a toddler and a three month old on a plane? On a family vaca this soon?

And if you've been to Austin...where do you recommend eating, sleeping, fun-ing? Is it family friendly?

Gimme the scoop....! xo


Source: etsy.com via Blessing on Pinterest



Source: chetart.com via Julian on Pinterest









Source: google.com via Hillary on Pinterest






11 comments:

  1. Yahooo!! I just love Austin and need to get down there as well. And you are picking a great time to go!!! We always stay downtown but I'll see what my friend who is from there suggests. You have got to get Tex-Mex. I'll email you a list of good places! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my dearest friends just moved to Austin and can't say enough amazing things about it. A trip in the near future is on our radar as well! In the meantime, I remember this post - might be a starting point: http://cupcakesandcashmere.com/austin/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to Austin but would love to go on a BBQ trip!

    My crazy Italian friend traveled from Singapore to Bali with a 2 month old and went from Singapore to Italy/England with a 2 month old and 2 year old. If you want to travel, just do it!

    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been dying to check out Austin! My cousin moved from Chicago to Austin a few years ago and is really, really enjoying it there.
    Are you going to check out the bat bridge?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always heard its a very pretty city... And the food is pretty good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. have a GREAT time!!
    xo
    MOSAMUSE

    www.MOSAMUSE.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, goodness, you are coming to my city!?! You are going to LOVE every inch! You will be fine with the kids, but you need a babysitter to go out downtown. That is a MUST!!! You have to go walk down South Congress. See the lake...the Oasis is a great place if you are visiting. Man, I could go on and on!! have so much fun!!
    xo,
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay have fun! it always sounds like an interesting place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hubby and I went in March (sans kids, although there were little ones everywhere) and we had an amazing time. The people are so nice! Check out my post on where we ate and visited:

    http://beautymustsformoms.blogspot.com/2012/04/eatn-in-austin.html

    You must get a cup of Jo from Austin Java and please, please, please eat the chocolate cake at the hotel I mentioned in my recap.

    Have a great time. XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never been, but I hear it's great.

    ReplyDelete

Past Loves

Labels

Lovefest