Friday, November 30, 2012

A new door opening






I don't do well with change. In fact, I loathe it. And while I always come around and adapt...I think change is hard for many people. I've been wrestling with some changes internally and now writing about them has somehow become cathartic. So here's what's going down...

I've worked the longest stint of my career at one company. A wonderful company with wonderful people. I cannot say that enough. But the time has come for me to move on. And that decision came with deep, introspective thought, guilt, a lot of vacillating, discussion, guilt...did I mention guilt? But I did make the decision and I did verbalize it recently to my boss. Who just so happens to be a dear friend. This is where the guilt plays out. Outside of one other time in my life; I do believe this was the hardest thing I've ever had to do as an adult. And I'm here to tell you being an adult really sucks sometimes.

After literally being sick about it for quite some time...I put my thoughts into action. And so that door has closed. And it's bittersweet. And I feel a little sad, too.

But I also know a new challenge awaits. One that will impact my family in a positive way and let's face it...as a working mom, you're top priority is your family. I am excited and nervous and overwhelmed all at once {great diet by the way if you're looking to shed a few pounds} but I believe it is the right thing to do.

And isn't growth something that should remain a constant in your life anyway? I think it should. And this girl needs to grow some more. And learn. I'm excited to learn!

A new door opens...and I'm ready to "create" some crazy-good work.





Source: flickr.com via Johanna on Pinterest


17 comments:

  1. Proud of you! And so happy to have found you as a blogger friend turned real friend as we go through very similar times of change. Excited for you and your next chapter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on change - I think it's necessary so we don't get caught up in the monotony of life, but....but... why it gotta be so skurry!

    Super excited for you and all you have in store!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Johanna! I bet you will tackle this new venture will some serious gusto! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So proud of you for growing and taking a chance on something new. I love that first quote and really need to implement that into my life as well.

    xo
    The Now Style Book

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, congratulations on your blog!
    If you can visit this blog:
    http://morgannascimento.blogspot.com.br/
    Thank you for your attention

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really feel you on this one. I always hate change because you can't go back to where you are now, even though where you're going is better. Excited to see whereyou go from here, and it definitely sounds like you got your priorities in check :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can almost imagine how hard this must have been, but it's amazing that you were able to bravely make this move!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It takes A LOT of strength and courage to do what you're doing. I hope you take the time to realize that and know your strength in this.

    Also, thank you SO much for your comment on my post earlier :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations and best of luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i adore that first quote - it's so true. luck only can take us so far. so admirable that you are following your heart. kudos to you! can't wait to hear what happens next {great things, of course!} (: xojacqlyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your new adventure. I am a firm believer as you are in always doing what is best for you and your family and obviously this move is doing just that. Good Luck

    www.simplylinen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations :) I was in your footsteps 1 year ago. Quit my job after almost 10 years. Now, one year later I know my strenghts and weaknesses much better than I did before, I actually know myself a lot better. Enjoy the adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats and best wishes in your new ventures.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats darling! You are a huge inspiration to me! :) Just so u know, I'm having a glass of wine right now and reading your posts from years ago! SO ENTERTAINING! Besos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You took the first and hardest step dear! Here is to your crazy awesome adventure (I'm still looking for mine!)

    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is exactly how I felt two months ago. I'm a lot poorer for it (for now), but I can't agree more with the first image you posted here. I'm not a mom, but I am so much happier creating things, writing, enjoying my life, prioritizing love and happiness above doing something I didn't think was really contributing to who I am as a person.

    In terms of money, I know my efforts will eventually come through. For now, I'm feel more fulfilled than I have in years to be able to focus on important things.

    We can't keep ourselves in a rut forever, especially when we have so many things to offer.

    Great post. I just found your site today, it's very inspirational.

    If you're interested, my blog is at Commatose.ca.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can empathise. Telling my ex boss that I was thinking of leaving the company after working for so many years together was truly one of the hardest things I ever had to do. I remember feeling sick and guilty about it as well. I also felt it didn't really end that well, and I often came home in tears about it, but like you said - you've got to make the best decision for your family.
    I'm excited about the new door that's opened for you and to see what it brings!
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete

Past Loves

Labels

Lovefest